Why care about ransomware
Although, ransomware has been a problem for a few years now, according to the FBI, “during 2015, law enforcement saw an increase in these (ransomware) types of cyber attacks, particularly against organizations because the payoffs are higher.” FastCompany reports from security firm Proofpoint, that “in 2015 ransomware represented three percent of sample infected emails, but five months into 2016, ransomware already represents 30 percent of samples.”
What is ransomware and how does it enter your organization?
Earlier this month, GTB published an article, Ransomware: What Is It and How to Reduce the Risk for Infection? by Associate Professor, Dr. Maimon with University of Maryland. In his article, Dr. Maimon describes ransomware, how it gets into organizations, and what to do to protect your organization. Click here to read the article.
How GTB can help
GTB’s IT Services team can help you prevent ransomware from entering your company with Anti-Virus and Spam Solutions and can help you safeguard your data with Remote Data Backup in case your data is held by ransom. Click here or call us at 1 (877) CALL-GTB to get Remote Data Backup and/or our Anti-Virus services.
Our local, family-like atmosphere has kept most employees with the company for over a decade. With us, you receive work-life balance, and opportunities for learning and growth.
GTB Customer Service Associates are responsible for supporting business customers through the day-to-day management of customer accounts. Specific job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Answering customer calls and responding to customer emails.
- Opening customer trouble tickets.
- Fielding customer inquiries to the correct departments.
- Initiating orders for new, move and disconnect services.
- Answering billing questions.
- Providing first level troubleshooting on service related problems.
- Cross-selling GTB products and services.
- Coordinating repair or service issues with proper departments and customer.
- Tracking and documenting customer data and service issues.
- Maintaining customer records in databases.
- Following up and assuring customer satisfaction.
- Professionally communicate with other departments, co-workers and customers.
- Understanding telecom vocabulary and knowledge of basic GTB services and features.
Click here to learn more and apply.
Read article by clicking here.
By EMMA GREEN, The Atlantic. Posted August 30, 2016.
GTB uses technology to help organizations communicate with their customers and secure their data. Learn more about our Hosted Phone Solutions and Network Security.