GTB Scholarship for Spring 2018 - CLOSED
Winner of this year's scholarship is Information Systems Major, Samantha Herrmann, from Towson University! Congratulations Samantha!
In business for 25 years, GTB provides leading technology and services in business Telecommunications, High Speed Internet and Cyber Security. As one of the first telecom providers in Maryland, we serve thousands of customers in MD, DC and Northern VA. Because we are local, we can provide the personalized customer service and innovative technology businesses need.
GTB is delighted to provide support in the form of this scholarship for students working towards a career in Information Systems, Computer Science or related fields. By doing this, we hope to also contribute to the Computer Science and Information Systems industries. Please review the information below on the scholarship guidelines, application process and award.
Eligibility Requirements – General:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen (or permanent resident).
- Must be enrolled as full time student at an accredited college/university within the United States for completion of undergraduate degree in Information Systems or a Computer Science Related field.
- Award is limited to one (1) entry per contestant.
- Employees, professional affiliates, and agents of GTB: Global Telecom (and their immediate families) are not eligible.
- Complete all required sections in the application form below on this page.
- Email the following documents for your application to email@example.com:
1.Copy of Current Transcript (A minimum GPA 2.5 required for consideration)
2.Verification of Enrollment (Letter or bill from school verifying enrollment)
Submit a brief essay of between 400 and 800 words (or one-two pages), detailing:
1.Why you chose Information Systems or a Computer Science Related field as your college major;
2.How you think you can best contribute to the field of Information Systems or Computer Science; and
3.Why you truly believe this is the best career path for you!
Use a personalized tone and reference sincere firsthand experience.
- One individual scholarship will be awarded for the Spring of 2018 semester.
- Individual scholarship award amount is $500.
- Award amount will be made out to the winner’s school in the form of a check, and mailed to the winner’s personal address.
The winner will be notified via the email they provide in the form below, and on our official GTB Scholarship page at www.gtb.net/scholarship.
Deadline to Apply:
The deadline to apply was December 1, 2017. APPLICATION PROCESS IS CLOSED.
Eligibility Requirements – Detailed:
- IRS Rules for a Tax-Free Benefit.
The applicant must comply with IRS rules to qualify for the tax-free benefits of the scholarship, including the following:
- It does not exceed your expenses;
- It is not designated or earmarked for other purposes (such as room and board); and
- It does not represent payment for teaching, research, or other services required as a condition for receiving the scholarship.
- Qualified Education Expenses.
For purposes of tax-free scholarships and fellowship grants, these are expenses for:
- Tuition and fees required to enroll at or attend an eligible educational institution; and/or
- Course-related expenses, such as fees, books, supplies, and equipment that are required for the courses at the accredited educational institution. These items must be required of all students in your course of instruction.
- Education Expenses That Are Not Qualified.
Room and board, travel, research, clerical help, or equipment and other expenses that are not required for enrollment in or attendance at your current accredited institution.
DISCLAIMER: VDL, INC. and any related subsidiaries will not re-use, forward, or share the personal information of applicants in any way—all information submitted through the form available on this page or any alternative forms of entry are to be kept strictly confidential and used solely for the purpose of determining a winner.