Accession mobile app solves these common problems
Accession Mobile helps businesses solve a number of communications problems. Here are just a few. You’re out of the office, but need to speak to a customer or co-worker, and:
- You call them from your cell, and they don’t know it’s you because they see your mobile number.
- When you call, your cell number shows up, so now they have your cell number whether you want them to have it or not.
- You’re spending too much on second cell phones for your employees.
- You’re spending a considerable amount of money on calls while traveling internationally.
- Customers and/or co-workers call your cell after hours.
How Accession Mobile works
Accession Mobile is a softphone app that extends your office desk’s extension to your mobile device and allows call handling as if you are in the office. GTB Flex-Point™ subscribers can use the app to receive calls intended for their desk extension. With this app, you can communicate to your customers whenever or wherever you need to without being tethered to a single location. The app utilizes readily available WiFi in addition to cellular networks. You can use it on most mobile phone and tablet devices and have the flexibility of running it both on IOS and Android-based devices.
Key benefits and features
In addition to the ability to forward your office line to any number you want, Accession Mobile has features, such as Video and Conference Calling, Visual Voicemail, the ability to save money on purchasing additional mobile phones for employees, and more! See our product page and article for a full description of its features and benefits.
How to best utilize the app
The most popular way to use Accession Mobile is to forward your office line to your mobile device with the Call Forwarding feature. Other ways to utilize the softphone app include the ability to:
- Park and transfer calls directly to extensions; without the need for dialing the numbers.
- Hold, transfer and make three-way calls.
- Mid-call, push and pull calls over to your phone from other twinned devices.
- Send instant messages to other people in your corporate directory who are using Accession Mobile, no matter what device they are using.
- Make and receive calls without using your mobile phone minutes.
Setting up the app on your mobile phone
- To get started with Accession Mobile on your GTB phone service, you must first contact GTB to purchase the app. You can reach GTB by email or phone at 1 (877) CALL-GTB.
- You also need to ensure your device is compatible with Accession Mobile. The app works on the following mobile devices:
- Android phones and tablets with ARM chips running 2.3.3 (Gingerbread) or later version.
- iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S running iOS5 or later.
- iPad running iOS5 or later.
Also note: Video calling only works on devices that have a front-facing camera.
- Before installing the accession mobile app, you will need to have your GTB 10-digit business phone number and your voicemail password handy. If you don’t have this information, call us at 1 (877) CALL-GTB, option 2.
- To install the app on your mobile phone or tablet device:
- Go to the App Store, iTunes or the (Google) Play Store from the device you’d like to use Accession Mobile from.
- Search for “Accession” to find Accession Communicator (free app) and download the app to your device.
- When you open the app, you’ll be prompted to "Choose Carrier". Type in “GTB Flexpoint” in the search field and select "GTB Flexpoint".
- The application is automatically set to allow incoming and outgoing calls (recommended). Touch check boxes to disable either feature.
- Next you will need to enter your Phone Number (your personal 10-digit phone number) and Password (the same password you use for Commportal Assistant). Again, if you don’t know your password; contact us at 1 (877) CALL-GTB, option 2.
How GTB can help
If you don’t yet have Accession Mobile and would like to speak to us about it, contact us by email or phone at 1 (877) CALL-GTB. If you have the app, and need more information on how to use it, you can access quick guides in our Documents Library or reach our Customer Care team directly by email or phone at 1 (877) CALL-GTB. Even as an existing customer of GTB, you can receive a free assessment of your current phone system to see if the features you’re currently receiving are what you actually need. In addition to Accession Mobile, we provide a number of other business phone features, and can bundle them for special pricing. Because we are local, we can provide the special care you need to make your life just a little easier.
Get your free assessment
Click here or call us at 1 (877) CALL-GTB for your free assessment to see if Accession Mobile or other features can meet your unique needs.
Also read: Best High Speed Internet – How to shop for what you actually need, The Ultimate Guide to Selecting a Business Phone System, How to Prepare for Power Outages in the Winter Months, Who’s Talking to Your Customers?, and A Mobile App that Can Save you Thousands.