What is Fax to Email?
GTB has a new Fax-to-Email service, called faXccess! It’s a service that allows employees to send and receive faxes by email wherever they are without the need for a fax machine or phone line. Seems easy and straightforward enough, right? Although, the service is simple to use, there are a number of situations businesses find themselves in that require further guidance. For instance, what do you do when you get a new account, how do you set up multiple employees to access one fax number, and how do you send and receive faxes while traveling? We answer all of these questions and more in this Ultimate Guide.
faXccess solves these common problems
faXccess helps businesses solve a number of problems. Here are just a few.
- You don’t want to invest in a fax machine and the associated fax line charges.
- You don’t want to deal with reloading paper with a fax machine.
- You have a fax machine, but are often out of the office and need the ability to send and receive faxes anytime of day.
- You'd like an easy way to prevent co-workers from seeing confidential faxes.
- You’ve got too many machines to manage in your office and want to simplify your business communications and document sharing.
- You want a way to digitize your faxes for easy storage and future access.
Key benefits and features
With faXccess, employees can do all of the things they could do before, including sending and receiving faxes by email wherever they are without the need for a fax machine or phone line. Each employee gets their own private fax number that can be used to receive faxes by email as PDF files, and send faxes directly from their computers. The Fax to Email service is "always on", eliminating the frustration associated with missing important faxes when employees are away, when the fax machine runs out of paper or the fax line is busy. The technology works for you 24/7 even when you’re out of the office.
In addition to this, GTB offers two levels of service - Basic and Premium. NEW! See the eight cover sheet options you have with both levels of service.
The Basic Package includes all of the functionality listed above, but now employees will also be able to:
- Have compatibility with Android and iOS mobile devices.
- Convert the PDF fax into searchable text, which is perfect for your office if you’re trying to go paperless.
- Route faxes to certain people based on predefined “keywords” located in the fax message, such as Billing and HR departments. You can also use this feature to block spam.
- Customize your fax cover sheets.
- Create more privacy with a “Passthrough Operation Mode” that will not store faxes on the GTB server.
- Access a desktop app if you’re not currently using an email client like Outlook or Thunderbird.
- Get 45 days of cloud storage.
Need things like HIPAA compliance and more cloud storage? Check out our chart below, which outlines all of the extra features you can get with the Premium Package.
Setting up and using the service
- If you would like to inquire about or purchase faXccess, you must first contact our Customer Care team. You can reach us by email or phone at 1 (877) CALL-GTB.
- If you currently have a fax to email service with GTB, but are unable to access your faxes, you can access them directly via your existing email account or through the web interface at https://faxccess.gtb.net.
- To send faxes with the new service:
- To send a fax through your Outlook, enter the recipients fax number like you did before, but use https://faxccess.gtb.net as the domain name (Destination email@example.com). For example: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To manage faxes online, login to https://faxccess.gtb.net and follow the new easy-to-use customer interface. We also have a detailed fact sheet on our website at https://gtb.net/solutions/cloud-services/fax-tu-mail.
- To receive faxes with the new service, simply check your email. All Incoming Faxes to your personal fax number are delivered directly to your email -- just like before. Another option for you is to access your faxes on the web portal at https://faxccess.gtb.net.
Bonus! If you forget your password:
- Log into https://faxccess.gtb.net/faxadmin.
- Enter your Admin name and password.
- Click Sites.
- Pick Company Name.
- Pick Internal User.
- Check User you are changing password for.
- Click change password [Auto Generate password should be displayed].
- Click “OK” [Password is emailed to User].
How GTB can help
If you don’t yet have faXccess and would like to speak to us about it, contact us by email or phone at 1 (877) CALL-GTB. Even as an existing customer of GTB, you can receive a free assessment of your current phone and Internet systems to see if the features you currently have are what you actually need. In addition to Fax to Email, we provide a number of other business phone features and can bundle them for special pricing. Because we are local, we can also provide the special care you need to make your life just a little easier.
Email or call GTB at 1(877) CALL-GTB to get your free assessment of your unified communications system